Talent Development in the Digital Age:
Designing Environments for Learning
Resources for learning environment design workshop participants
// ATD 2017 Preconference Downloadable Materials >
- Talent Development in the Digital Age Workbook / pdf / Word
- Talent Development in the Digital Age Slide Deck / pdf
- Handy Dandy Component Chart / pdf
These materials are for your personal use only. Please do not duplicate without permission.
// Resources >
Current landscape of L&D
- Learning Environment Design – permanent resource page for Learning Environments by Design by Catherine Lombardozzi (2015)
- Learning and Performance Ecosystems – white paper by Marc Rosenberg and Steve Foreman for the eLearning Guild (2014)
- 70:20:10 Forum– Charles Jennings web site
- Modern Workplace Learning Magazine – Jane Hart’s web site
- Modern Blended Learning (recording) – the approach promoted by Jennifer Hoffman at InSync Training (2017)
- Learning Experience Design – an overview of an emerging concept by Whitney Kilgore for EdSerge (2016)
- Work environment redesign: Accelerating talent development and performance improvement by John Hagel III, John Seely Brown & Tamara Samoylova for Deloitte Center for the Edge (2013)
Key success factors for learning environments
- Challenges of Learning in the Flow of Work: Scaffolding Self-Direction (pdf) – my 2016 article in the International Journal of HRD Practice, Policy, and Research
- With a Little Help from Our Friends: How to leverage relationships for employee and management development – a white paper I wrote for an AHRD project in 2013.
- Curated resources on social learning – includes links to background theories from which the factors for social learning were drawn.
// Links >
Learning Environment Strategies Examples
NOTE: These sites did not use my framework during design as far as I know.
- Blended Learning Hub
> The Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How of Curation – Resources Shared at #eLGuild (David Kelly, 2017)
> Flipped and Active Learning (Barbi Honeycutt, PhD)
- Knowledge Exchange
> eLearning Heroes (Articulate)
- Learning Resource Portal
> EDUCAUSE (professional organization for Higher Ed IT)
> Competency Based Education Network
Nominees for Learning Environment Design Awards
- Royal Horticultural Society
- Western Australia Small Business Development Corp.
- Positive Psychology Center (University of Pennsylvania)
- The Community Roundtable
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Last updated: May 19, 2017 by Catherine Lombardozzi