Let me be your guide and learning coach, providing personalized assistance in devising your course of action and effectively completing your self-development journey.
No matter how many resources you might find on an internet search or how committed you might be to developing your knowledge and skill, creating and executing a robust self-development plan is not an easy process. By collaborating with me on Charting Your Course, you’ll have help identifying your goals, finding and selecting resources and activities, crafting a workable plan, navigating around obstacles, and successfully achieving the skill advancement you desire.
// Navigator Services
With the Navigator Services package, you get a full-service learning concierge to identify your destination and plan your itinerary.
As your navigator, I will:
- Work with you to clarify your destination – provide you with tools to help you to evaluate your skills and act as a sounding board to discern your priority development goals.
- Collaborate with you to research your potential itinerary – identify personalized recommendations for resources and activities to address your learning goal.
- Create a proposed plan – suggest a detailed list of activities, timeline and waypoints.
Navigator services include two or three one-on-one meetings (usually virtual) to identify your destination and to discuss, review and finalize the itinerary. Along the way, you’ll be asked to complete preliminary assessments and worksheets to feed into the process.
// Guide Services
The Guide Services package provides personal consultation as you take your learning journey and arrive at your destination.
As your guide, I will:
- Act as your learning mentor – help you to make sense of what you are learning and decide how you might apply it, and engage with you to review the challenges and successes that result from your efforts.
- Coach you in applying new skills – guide and critique your application projects, encourage your progress, prompt timely action, and urge completion of the journey.
- Consult with you on progress and course corrections – help you to redraw your map as necessary as things change along the way.
- Help you to develop the skills you need to learn on your own – coach you on developing the “wherewithal” that allows you to manage your own learning projects
Let’s collaborate to ensure every member of your team has an effective, robust self-development plan and the support they need to successfully upskill or reskill to ensure their ongoing success.
Use Charting Your Course as part of your strategy for planning individual development on your team. We can customize a workshop to orient the team around self-development and create a solid ongoing initiative that will help your team significantly advance their knowledge and skills.
// Team Expedition
A team expedition package is customized to your needs and might include:
- The Charting Your Course workbook plus licensing for additional resource materials to guide your team to create more impactful self-development plans
- Live webinar or on-demand videos to walk people through the Charting Your Course process
- Customized recommendations for creating a team environment conducive to self-directed learning
My detailed, on-demand resources guide employees through the process of charting a course for deep learning.
Now more than ever, organizations need to support employees in upskilling and reskilling – and often this is best accomplished when employees themselves take the lead. The Charting Your Course process and the accompanying in-depth resources can help ensure that employees create development plans that are targeted, robust, and effective – thereby ensuring that your organization has the skills it needs to move forward.
// Charting Your Course Resource Package
If you are supporting your organization in embracing self-directed learning, license the Charting Your Course workbook and in-depth supporting materials for all your employees.
The full Charting Your Course package (to be uploaded for access within your organization) includes:
- Charting Your Course Workbook
- 4 short videos that describe the process OR live webinar(s)
- Detailed guidance and curated resources for Orientating, Wayfinding, and Journeying
- Charting Your Course infographic
- Additional customized materials as determined in consultation with you