Let me collaborate with you on building your team’s strengths so they can drive the development of human capability in your organization.
My approach to professional development blends highly engaging workshops with resources, take-back activities, follow-up coaching and more. My work is well-grounded in the relevant theory and research in our field, and shaped to be practical. Here is a sampling of the kind of work I can do for you.
Upskilling 4 L&D >>
Comprehensive alignment and skill development program to prepare your team to execute your vision.
Project can include any or all of these activities:
- Future focused visioning
Review your organization’s goals, L&D strategy trends, and the opportunities afforded by your context to envision a future state for the role of L&D in your organization. Define roles and responsibilities necessary for executing the vision.
- Team capability and learning culture assessment
Assess the strengths and development needs of your team and identify upskilling priorities. Compare your team’s current strengths to the competencies needed to execute the vision. Evaluate and strengthen the team learning culture.
- Staffing strategy alignment
Select the right mix of strategies to align roles and responsibilities; Reenergize, reorganize, redeploy, reskill, replenish, and/or remix the team.
- Team development planning and implementation
Define a strategy for upskilling your team individually and collectively. Engage all team members to actively advance their knowledge and skill to effectively enact the vision.
- Ongoing progress checks and plan updates
Regularly evaluate progress and revise your course of action as needed. Recognize and reward developmental achievements among the crew and revise or reimagine individual development plans.
Accelerated Development Package >>
Professional development program for 5-15 people. Includes:
- Deep dive live workshop: An active learning program that may be delivered in one full day, two half days, or 4-6 webinars (generally one week apart), customized for your needs
- Curated resources: Additional links, templates, and job aids for ongoing development, utilizing internet resources as well as the content your organization may have available (e.g. LinkedIn Learning, Skillsoft, Degreed, etc.)
- Social learning strategy: Customized recommendations for amplifying social learning for continued support and development (e.g. team communications, initiative champions, use of enterprise social network, social media connections)
- Follow up activities: Facilitation notes and materials for four 30-60 minute follow-up sessions to be facilitated by managers or senior individual contributors
- Concluding consultation: A discussion with the leadership team to assess progress and strategize next steps
I’ll conduct a focused exploration of your specific needs and challenges, and then build a customized blended program that enables the team to generate impact.
- The Future of Talent Development
Explore a variety of frameworks for conceiving blended learning and development programs that take advantage of the tools and techniques of the digital age
- Honing Your Needs Analysis Superpowers
Plan and execute customized analyses – from narrowly targeted to comprehensive – that focus on the most critical facets, ask great questions, distill findings to useful insights, and enable innovative recommendations
- Design Thinking
Integrate design thinking practices into your typical design process to make your recommendations more creative, innovative, and effectvie
- Instructional Design Basics
Upskill subject matter experts or new team members in the art and process of instructional design
- How People Learn
Discover and apply key principles defined by research in social learning, self-directed learning, experiential learning, and the science of retention
- Creativity Boost
Build creative capacity with a variety of tools and techniques for unleashing creativity at the moment of need
Customized Team Development Strategy >>
Multi-week synchronous and asynchronous activities (usually 1 hour or less) to support development of a specific skill. May take the form of:
- Challenge assignments: Team members are offered challenging practice or work-based assignments along with relevant resources to provide just-in-time learning. I will curate resources, design and develop challenges, draft communications, and provide coaching to the leader. Great for giving practice on skills that need rapid development and for helping the team to learn from one another.
- Topic explorations: Team members read a book or series of articles together, discuss implications, and – importantly – develop job aids and action plans for implementing guidance gleaned from the material. I will design program, draft communications, prepare activity materials, and provide coaching to the leader. Terrific to support continuing development.
- Curated resources and activities: Team members are given access to a curated set of resources and activities for developing a specific knowledge base or skill set, intended for self-directed learning or individual development planning. May include guided paths, depending on need. Especially useful to prepare your team to implement new strategies.
These are designed to be led by the team manager or senior individual contributor with support from me at the agreed level.
Individual Coaching >>
Individualized support for learning-while-doing.
My expertise is in the full range of tools and techniques for learning in the digital age (both in person and technology-based). I can partner with you to create dynamic and effective learning strategies to meet the needs of your constituents: participants, students, employees and leaders at all levels.
Coaching projects include:
- Guiding practitioners on incorporating modern approaches to L&D
- Consulting on course design, including defining and crafting activities and assessments
- Partnering on the development of learning ecosystems and learning environments
- Assisting with planning and conducting needs analysis